Sunday, October 17, 2010

Xterra – Oak Hill 5M, August 21, 2010

Xterra – Oak Hill 5M, August 21, 2010

This is a trail race, the 2nd in this series for me. It took place in trails off Oak Hill Road. I was not familiar with these trails.

Here is something that has never happened before to me: I was under the impression that this was a 10K race (6.2 miles). So when people started pushing hard around mile 4.5, I was laughing, thinking “fools, there is still plenty of time”. And then, I saw the finish line and realized that I was the fool! The race was 5 miles. If I knew that, I could have pushed hard too and finished a couple of places ahead.

My final time: 35:53 (pace of 7:11, rather fast for trails but these trails were not too challenging). I finished 14/53 (a small race) and 3rd in my age group.

Here is a clearly staged picture at the finish line:



Liz went for a road training run and met me at the finish. I took a picture of both of us with my new Aiptek 3d camera. All the pictures I am showing in these blogs since last October are taken with a stereo camera so they are one half of the stereo pair.

No comments: