- Two eggs (large, fried with olive oil)
- Sunflower seeds (mixed with the eggs)
- Hard cheese (usually Parmesan) melted between the eggs
- Two cups of green vegetables
- Some broccoli, carrots, etc, added to the salad
- Two tablespoons of oil and some vinegar
- Cottage cheese (quarter to half cup)
- Bacon (two slices)
- Almonds (I usually eat these while I prepare breakfast)
Composition (thanks to Fitday.com):
- Fat: 75g (70%)
- Carbs: 24g (10%)
- Protein: 50g (20%)
Sometimes immediately after this, or for midmorning snack. I make a cup or two of hot chocolate. I mix unsweetened cocoa (one tablespoon) with some brown sugar, heavy cream, cinnamon, and maybe a bit of vanilla and/or orange extract. Plus, I have half a cup of Fage 2% yogurt. Total of 500 calories.
I eat something similar (eggs and salad) before every race, including my last two marathons. Seems to be working well.