Friday, April 4, 2008

Week 12 – Training Report

I am a bit late with this report… two weeks to be exact, but no one complained :) Only Dan mentioned it.

On Sunday I watched a show “I will make you thin” on TV. I was very inspired. Rule #1: When you are hungry, eat! Rule #2: Only eat what you like. So far so good… but how am I going to lose weight? Rule #3: Eat consciously. Huh? Hmmm… I always eat very fast. Time to slow down. Rule #4: When you are full, stop. OK… So, I tried to follow these rules but it did not work out very well. I still enjoy watching this British guy… It is fun, but not very effective for me.

S: 6 mi along Columbia road w/Liz.
M: 7 mi. Columbia nad back
T: 5.8 mi. around Echo Hill. See picture here for how this "6 mile EH" run looks.
W: I did not run, it was raining. Tony and I went to a Cavs game! It was fun but were sitting too far back, Tony did not bring his glasses and I forgot the binoculars. Oh well…
T: I ran 7 mi around EH. In the way back home I met a guy who used to live in our house! I invited him home and we had an extended talk about how the house has changed. That was fun!
F: 1 mi up and down the street.



S: It snowed 4 inches during the night. I had to shovel my way out. We met at Bolanz road parking lot. Not too many people showed up because of the bad weather. We did a 9 mile loop, right to Bolanz, left into Akron-Peninsula, left to Rt 303, left on Riverview, right on Major Rd, right on Oak Hill to Everett, to Riverview and back to Bolanz. Considering the snowy/icy roads, that was a hard route. When we were done, one group decided to do the loop again. I went with them, but I did not have the strength to go up Major Rd again (big loop to the left side seen in the picture here), so I continued on Riverview and did a bit extra, to meet the mileage. Total miles = 18, average pace = 8:47. Mile splits: 8:59, 8:43, 8:31, 8:57, 8:57, 9:30, 8:15, 7:51, 8:25, 8:26, 8:33, 8:29, 9:01, 8:41, 9:15, 9:43, 9:07, 8:54. My slow part (9:43) was when running alone at Riverview.

Totals for the week: 45 miles, 171 lbs

No comments: